Tuesday, July 23, 2013

New Start: Week 1

After seeing 183 on the scale, I decided to rejoin Weight Watchers.

Several points I want to make.

1- My lowest weight ever (well since starting my weight loss journey) was 169. But let's be honest, I was SICK that week. Once I recovered, I went back to 173.

2- My average low (that I seemed to be able to hold) was 175. But I haven't seen that number in months.

3- Seeing 180 on the scale makes me feel fat. 170 doesn't make me feel skinny, but also, not fat. This is for me personally and I know each person is different.

4- I've tried off and on to be good, but I feel like I need some kind of accountability. Curves has reopened, but I never loved the place, so for now, I've decided to not rejoin. But rumor is Zumba will be starting soon and I LOVED that. So I might see if I can just do Zumba. If not, well, I guess I'll have to decide then.

5- I've tried the free food counter/diet websites, but none of them are as good as Weight Watchers. I've heard people complain that Weight Watchers changed right around the first of the year, but so far, I can't see that many differences.

6- With a smart phone, I can take advantage of the apps! Just downloaded the WW scanner. LOVE it!

7- The only exercise I've been consistent with is walking the dog. But we do it almost daily. (I did finally tell Josh he has to take Sunday so I can have one day to sleep in.) On work days, we get up at 4 AM (so much for sleeping in after we moved). But I'd much rather do it then, then try to after work when it is so #$^$#$ hot! On days off, I'm still up by 6 AM just to avoid the heat. We sold our exercise bike when we moved, so right now, walking is about all I'm getting. But some mornings, I run half of my walk too.

8- I'm done letting PCOS be a crutch for me. Even when I started this journey, I didn't dare set a goal. I'm still not sure what my body can realistically achieve, but I do believe I can loose some more weight. It'll be hard. I feel like I'll have to work harder then I ever did before. But this is something I want for me, so I'm going to do it.

9- I'm not freaking out about gaining 10 pounds. I'm just trying to get back into it before that number goes up even more.

10- My biggest weight loss to date is 66, but right now it is only 57 pounds.

11- Right now, my goal is 160. So 20 pounds from what I saw on the scale this morning. Also, I want to loose one more pant size.

12- I'm remembering that WW made me feel almost anorexic some days. But so far, I've made sure to eat all my points every day.

I can cover more on these later, but lunch break is over and I need to get back to work. I just wanted to start a list to work on as I go.

No comments: