Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 11

Another awesome week. Some days I don't even feel like I'm a "diet" anymore, I've just learned to eat healthier. Right now, this diet doesn't feel tough, it feels do-able. And even exercise is becoming second nature. I think I've exercised every day for about 6 weeks now. Some days its just a quick 15 mins on my exercise bike, but other days its an hour on the exercise bike and then 30 more minutes of Wii Fit Plus. On days I don't exercise, I feel cruddy.

So the big news, I'm down 26 pounds! Wahoo! I didn't expect to do that well this week, but having the stomach flu helped. Although yuck, I don't want to make that a regular part of my diet. 26 pounds also marks that I have lost 10% of my starting weight. That feels HUGE to me.

The other exciting thing is I'm down almost 2 pant sizes.  I went shopping last weekend. I didn't buy much, but I still tried on pants. One size down was too big, but the next size down was a bit tight. I could get the button and zipper done up, but they were pretty uncomfortable. I only bought a shirt and then a couple of dresses. I think I'll try to get down to this next size and then maybe one more before I buy some new clothes. Some of my pants are pretty baggy, but I'm trying hard to not go on a wild shopping spree each time I loose a size. :p That is very hard for me to do. But I did buy a belt. It was a size too big, but it was the only one I liked, so I'll just punch holes in it myself.

I was so proud of myself while shopping. I've looked at a shirt a few times, but never bought it. Then once I get home, I wished I had bought it. When I saw it this weekend, I decided I was going to buy it this time. They only had 3 left, and they were all in the size I just grew out of. I tried it on (and still loved it), but I could tell it was a little big. I backed it around the store the whole time I was there. But at check out, I talked myself out of it. It doesn't make since to buy clothes in the size I just grew out of. There will be other cute shirts in other sizes. I asked if they had it in a smaller size, but they didn't. Gosh darn it, I really liked that shirt. Oh well.

I did learn that they say about 10 pounds is a pants size, so that makes sense. When I tried on the pants I was down about 22 pounds, so 2 sizes. So if that is correct for all of my diet, I hope to loose like 7 pant sizes. Wow, I still have a lot of work to do.

I have done better on tracking my eating and exercise, but I remember why I started to slack. Don't get me wrong, I love the Weight Watchers program, it has helped me so much. But, I HATE the website. I swear, half the time it doesn't work. I'll plug my info in and then hit save, but it doesn't ever save. If its going to work, it will save within 5 seconds. If its still trying after that, its not going to work. Sometimes I can log in and try again and it will work fine, but other times it still won't work. Grr. I just added all my info since Monday because up until now, each time I tried, it wouldn't save.

Sometimes I feel like I can't see a change. I look down and can still see my stomach sticking out. But I remind myself that my clothes are looser and the scale keeps going down, so I must be loosing weight. I just can't see it. I'm starting to wish I had done a before picture, but I HATE those. When you see before pictures, they are all frumpy. No make up, sometimes not nicely done hair, and frumpy clothes. Then 50-100 pounds later, they look amazing! Of course they do, they've lost weight. But I feel likes its wrong, because in the after picture, their hair is styled, they have on makeup and fabulous clothes. I know I'm fat. I know I'm overweight. But that doesn't make me ugly and frumpy. I try to look my best every day. I am pretty now and I will be just as pretty 50 pounds later.

No comments: