Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 53

To me, its hard to believe what I have accomplished over the last year. I am so proud of myself. I never really thought I would do this well. It was hard at times, but then I would notice my pants get looser. And then looser. And then so loose, I could pull them off without using the zipper or button. So then I'd move on to the next size and do the same thing all over.

This week I was back down to 181. Its not my lowest point of 178, but its close. I think I might have had a case of the winter blues. Now that the weather is nicer, I go outside to walk on my breaks instead of the warehouse. I think there is a bounce in my step because I can feel spring in the air. Joining Curves still seems to have been the right decision. My first week seemed to go well and I missed it on the few days I didn't go. I'm trying to ignore the fact how much gas I bought last week. I just keep telling myself that I am worth it. Cause I am.

I getting back to the basics of fruits and veggies. I wasn't eaten near as many of those as I used to. Instead, when I was hungry, I would eat junk food.  No more!

I love that I know so many people on a diet right now, its feels like a great support system. I just wish I was better at noticing details, cause I think I suck at that. So instead I just try to encourage them and be a good example. My sister has lost 14 pounds so far; I think that is awesome. I have like 6 pairs of size 14 pants I'm saving for her and she isn't too far from that.

I really don't like this picture, but I was in a hurry this morning, so its the best for now. I saved one pair of my biggest pants, which is FIVE sizes bigger then what I'm wearing right now. GO ME! Josh can't believe how well I've done. ( I think that is his nice way of saying he can't believe how big I had gotten.)


I do believe I was a pretty person before, but now I REALLY believe I am gorgous, some days even sexy. I can't believe what all of this has done for my self worth.

Only like 54 more days until the cruise. I don't think I can loose that much before then, but I would be thrilled to just go down one more size before then. Which brings me to a funny thought I had this morning. I think a few weeks ago, I complained about someone on a crash diet. I knew they were preparing for a cruise, I just didn't realize that her cruise was only 2 months away from when she started her diet. We aren't close friends, just fb friends. I'd have to go back and look through post to get an idea of what she lost, but I don't think it was a lot. I told Josh this morning that when I started my diet a year ago, I knew then that I would be going on a cruise a year later. I didn't give myself just weeks, I gave myself 15 months. And like I said around the time of Dallon's wedding, I'm so glad I started when I started cause now that I'm to all these big moments I am that much more prouder of myself. I know after the cruise, I won't have any more big moments to look good for, but I think by starting to early and working so hard it has helped me to set up for this to be a lifelong thing, not a temporary thing.

This is not the end of my journey. I still want to loose 2 more sizes and about 20 more pounds. I've been pretty discouraged a lot lately, but like I said, hopefully it was just the winter blues and I can get back with it.

No comments: