Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Curves

My weigh in day is tomorrow, but I wanted to do a quick post about Curves.

I've only been twice, but already I'm loving it. My first time was a little overwhelming because it seemed like so much to take in. The worker even noticed because she finally asked why I quit looking away from her. :p At that point, I was trying to read a motivational poster I could see in the dressing room. Hm, maybe I have some ADD in me....

I swear that night I dreamed about the machines. There are a few that I have a hard time remembering where to put my feet, so I was practicing them in my dream. Not that it helped, I still needed reminded on a few machines the next day.

I got there a little early last night and watched the tail end of a Zumba class. I think I'll have to try one of those out in the future, maybe after I build my confidence on the other stuff.

So far, my only complaint is the music is so LOUD! It does keep me pumped, but each time I need to ask a question, I only hear half the answer. I had asked about the Zumba class and how the girl would zumba for a bit and then get on the machines for a bit. All I could hear the employee say was that is how she gets the full workout in. But then today I asked a lady at work who also does Curves. I had asked the worker how they knew when to switch from Zumba to machines, but couldn't hear the answer well enough to understand and I was to embarrassed to ask her to repeat. But the lady I work with explained it so it all makes sense.

I won't be going tonight because I don't have time between work and book club, but I plan to go tomorrow and then again on Friday while I'm in town for a dentist appt. I also have a laser treatment with my chiropractor for my foot. Pretty much all my dr. wants to do is surgery, which I don't want to do. So I'm going to try the laser. The chiropractor said it may take several treatments since my foot has hurt for so many years. But I'm hopeful. After just the one treatment today, my foot feels so much better!

Until tomorrow... or maybe Friday since I am working out of the office tomorrow. I have taken back to weighing myself daily and I am pretty hopeful about tomorrow. And its my one year mark so I plan on taking some pictures.

No comments: