Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm reading through my Weight Watchers magazine (that I have a four year subscription to). I really liked this thought so I wanted to write it down.

"There is a natural tendency to think about losing and keeping weight off as two completely distinct processes and phases. .... In most studies of people who have successfully maintained weight loss for a long time, the conclusion is that most of the food and activity strategies that helped them lose are the same ones that help keep the weight off. If we think about this statement, it makes perfect sense. If we lose weight by following on e strategy, and then go back to our old habits, we will invariably regain the weight. So, weight maintenance is actually about continuing those practices."

I know this is true, but I have the feeling it is something I will have to constantly remind myself of it for the rest of my life.

Oh, and this week has gone very well. I'll share more on my official weight in day on Thursday. :)

No comments: