Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 59

So I'm up a little today. But it was still a good week so that doesn't even bother me. In fact, it made me glad that I did go to Curves last night, even though I didn't want to, or that number might have been higher. Although, I probably shouldn't have eaten so much dessert at scrapbook group last night. Oh well.

I had several highlights this week.

1) Buying a new swimsuit. I had to leave the changing room and go find a smaller size. And I love how it looks on me.

2) I almost though about not listing this, but its MY blog/weight loss journal. So I hope its not TMI. Buying new lingerie. That's all I'm going to say. ;)

3) Trying on work shirts to figure out my new size. Every year, work has an annual picnic. They buy the employees a new shirt so we all will match. The picnic isn't until June, but they have to order now so they can be shipped and embroidered in time. That meant that last year I stuck with the same size because I had no idea how much weight I would loose before June. One lady had said she thought she would be a size 8, but then ended up in like a 14. So when I grabbed a few to try on, I went on the bigger side. But they were too big and I had to go ask for a different size. Last year I wore a size 18. This year I'm ordering a size 10! I almost went with a size 12 because I'm worried about it shrinking in the wash and then the buttons won't fit across my chest. But I NEVER wear button shirts buttoned up. I always wear them open with a tank underneath. So I decided it felt like everywhere had enough room for possible shrinking and ordered the size 10.

4) Curves, which had a few great moments itself. Monday was my best workout so far. The computer said I burned 388 calories. I now have a goal to hopefully some day burn 400. The next day, I didn't do as well. But really I did because I did Zumba for half an hour before my Curves workout and the system only kept track of the Curves part. Unfortunately, my hip has been hurting since then. I still went to Curves last night, but it is worse today. So I think I'll try to get into the chiropractor today. Which means no Curves tonight. I've heard a few people say you need to wait 24 hours after a chiropractor appt. So maybe instead I'll go soak in my mom's hot tub.

The other good moment at Curves was I finally bought some workout pants. I was going to wait until I saw more results. But the sweats I've been using are so HOT! During Zumba, I was going through my closet in my head, to figure out what pants I could wear instead. But then after that, the owner said I could buy the display stuff for half off. So I tried on a few pairs and found one I really liked so I bought them. She also had a really cute t-shirt. But the size was XL. I really wanted it, it was so cute and would have matched my pants perfectly. But I reminded myself I don't buy clothes with an "X" in the size anymore and I was able to say no to it. I did find a shirt in my closet to match the pants. It does have an "X" in the size, but its old so its ok to wear until I find something new.

5) Buying new clothes and not hiding the tags. I didn't even realize that was something I used to do. But last week I ordered a few things online to complete my cruise wardrobe. When the items came in the mail, I tried them on to make sure they fit fine. Then I tore the tags off and left them on my dresser. The next day, when I saw those same tags, I realized, I used to immediately throw tags away because I didn't want Josh to know what size I had really become. My size no longer bothers me and I don't feel the need to hide it. I think that is one of the biggest highlights since starting my weight loss journey. I love being comfortable with my body.

No comments: