Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Week 58

I'm posting a few days early because I'll be in the hospital with my mom the rest of the week.

And because I did my measurements at Curves last night and had positive results. :)

My measurements on 3/1/12.
Bust   40.50
Waist 33.00
Abdomen  37.00
Hip 43.00
Thigh 26.25
Arm 12.50
Weight 182.80
BMI 31.37
Body Fat % 35.7
Body Fat 65.24

My measurements on 4/9/12.
Bust 40.75
Waist 32.75
Abdomen 36.5
Hip 42.75
Thigh 26.00
Arm 12.25
Weight 179.8
BMI 30.85
Body Fat % 35.00
Body Fat 62.91

Results
Bust   +.25
Waist -.25
Abdomen  -.50
Hip -.25
Thigh -.50
Arm -.50
Weight -3.00
BMI -.52
Body Fat % .70
Body Fat -2.33

Curves adds all the results together for a total loss of -1.75 inches and -3.00 lbs. But I love that my bust grew a little so, for me personally, I'm not counting that number. Therefore I lost a total of 2 inches last month! Because a girls brains and breasts should not count against her. ;)

I'm very happy with those numbers. It helped me to get excited again about Curves. I'm not ready to throw in the towel now. My weight loss has defiantly slowed down from what it is a year ago, but I'm ok with that. I just need to work on those stubborn areas (arms, thighs, stomach, hips).

I wish I had kept record of my measurements when I started my weight loss last year. I counted on Weight Watchers to do that and that is one of the areas that made me hate their website so much! But I think I remember my waist being something like 42 - 44 inches so THAT is a huge difference compared to now. I remember measuring everything else, I just don't remember the numbers. Oh well, back then it was about weight to me. Now I'm trying to focus more on inches.

One thing I have noticed with Curves is their scale (which is probably better to begin with) usually weighs me a little less then my home one. At first I was bummed because when I got on last night I had gained a pound. But then I reminded myself that when I started this journey, my official number was the one on my scale so that is what I will always refer to when talking about my grand total lost. But when it comes to Curves, they tell me how much I have lost on their program. So it works the same way. The loss that I see there comes from their beginning total. It all works out the same and I will stress over it no longer.

I got a travel pass from Curves and hope to use it while in the city with my mom. We'll see how that goes. If I can find a place near the hospital, I'll use it. But if I have to drive too far into the city, I don't think I will. I do NOT like city driving.

While at the chiropractor last week, my weight loss came up. I have only been seeing the lady that does the laser treatments on my foot for a few months, so she didn't know that big me. When I said something about loosing 60 pounds, she asked to see a before picture. I didn't have any with me, but I might just have to take one in. And FYI, I think the laser treatments are helping my foot. Some days my foot still hurts, but not like it used to. Hopefully I'll be able to keep going regularly and get it cleared up for good.

This morning I was finally back down to my lowest weight of 178.8. FINALLY. It might be hard to keep with the city stuff the next few days, but I'm going to try. But then again, the cafeteria in the hospital makes the BEST salads EVER! I have been thinking about it ever since they said when my mom's surgery would be. I can't wait to have one (or two) again.

I think that's about it for this week. I love it when I have good weeks like this; makes it easy to continue on.

*UPDATE: I remembered one other thing I wanted to mention. I had a friend send me a great message on Facebook. I'm blogging at work, so I can't go copy and paste it, but the jest of it was she was amazed at how well I was looking and how she was proud of me for discovering the beauty within and without side of me. Then she ended it by saying "you are becoming the kind of girl that other girls love to hate." Made.My.Day. :) I used to be one of those girls that was jealous of other girls. It feels good to be on the other end.

Josh is right, I am not humble at all when it comes to my weight loss.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Finally someone gets you to look at inches and not weight :P love you!