Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week 84

I don't know if I trust the scale this morning. It said 170.8. Wow! That is so close to the 160's! This is the first time I've seen 170 so I won't be surprised if it goes away for a few days, but now I know it is possible. It just feels weird cause I'm just coming off my period and I feel like I should be higher. But not going to complain.

Awesome thing happened during this week. I've had this Halloween shirt for YEARS. Like probably 10 years. Its just a simple black, long sleeve shirt with a small pumpkin on it and it says Old Navy under it. A few years ago, it didn't fit anymore. Last year, I was thrilled when it fit. This year, its too big! This is the one shirt I can't give up. I can remember about 8 years ago, I was having a bad day. I can't remember what it was, but I remember just by wearing that shirt, I felt better.

I was pretty sad when I realized its too big. Yes, I could still wear it, but I take great pride in wearing clothes with no "x" in the size. No one would know but me. But it still upset me. So while in the city last weekend, I went to Old Navy in hopes of finding something to replace it. All they had was little kid Halloween shirts. :(

The next day, we went to Savers to buy stuff for Halloween costumes. (Side note, now that I'm small enough to buy costumes, I actually prefer to make them. Odd, but fun.) They had a small rack of Halloween shirts, most of them children sizes. But the LAST shirt on the rack was THAT shirt. In MY size. Of course I bought it!

I'm wearing it today, and it fits almost perfectly. I just feel like the previous owner shrunk it some. Josh says its okay if my underwear peeks out, but I told him I don't like that at work. So I'm going to wear it today and pay attention to if I adjust it a lot or not. I'm hoping it doesn't bother me so I can find a loving home for the other shirt.

So I've noticed that a day or two before my period, my hormones go off the wall. I almost feel like my body is screaming inside. I have a problem controlling my temper and find myself slamming drawers and stuff at work. And its all over little stuff, but I think that is how the screams present themselves when they escape my body. So I've been working on it. But its so hard! I feel fried and frazzled and so stressed! I've decided that is why I have a harder time controlling my thought process when it comes to food this time of the month.

Thursday - Yep, those hormones were RAGING today! By 3:00, I was done with the day. DONE! So I'm letting someone else cook dinner because I can just not deal with it. Oh, but first. Let's see. Today I did Zumba for 30 minutes and then Curves for 30 minutes. It really was the highlight of my day. I wore a dress today so no walks. Breakfast was 2 pop tarts and a small coffee. Lunch was spent looking for a new bathroom sink (part of the stress from last night). So I just grabbed a crispito and some potato munchers at the deli. Dinner is Sweet & Sour chicken from the China Star. Not half, the whole thing. The hormones screaming inside was louder then the regret. Or maybe the screaming was choking the regret.

Friday- Got the chance to work some over time again today. So breakfast was french toast, coffee and eggs and Cowan's Cafe. Lunch was a Philly Sandwich with fries and Daniel's Summit. Dinner, I was too tired, I went to bed instead. Lots of walking today.

Saturday - Breakfast was some cinnamon toast. Then this afternoon, my mom and I headed to the city. I didn't really get a lunch, but dinner was at Ruby Tuesday. I had some chicken tacos, salad and onion rings. I thought I was safe cause it was chicken, but later my mom and I were looking up our food on Weight Watchers and mine was more calories then I thought it would be. But since I didn't have the lemonades, I'm ok with what I had.

Sunday - Breakfast was just a coffee from a gas station. Then we were off to shop. :) Lunch was again at Ruby Tuesday, this time I had the Chicken dish that is listed on their Fit & Trim menu (I can't remember what its called), salad and a small bite of mac n cheese. But I filled up on salad pretty good, so most of my meal went home to be left overs. Dinner was cowboy casserole and I had a few Oreo's for dessert. I've decided to not even fight against my period this month. :p

Monday - Curves this morning. I did better then I thought I would. I ended up getting up at 4 am with Josh. I didn't figure I could get another 30 minutes of sleep. So I was a little tired and with the cramps I didn't think I'd do well. But I did. BTW, my mom is kicking ass at Curves. While I was there one day last week, Jodi told me to check with my mom and get her good news. She has lost almost 20 pounds already and several inches. I'm so proud of her.

Breakfast was coffee and some Special K crisp thingies. I thought they looked like pop tarts on the box, but they aren't near as big. Which is ok. But it said no need to heat. I didn't care for them cold. So I might try microwaving them tomorrow. I also had some pumpkin cookies because I decided to drink a full cup of coffee and I didn't think the crisps would be enough food to keep away the shakes. Lunch was tomato soup with crackers. Dinner was cowboy casserole and some cherry cobbler. I also walked on both breaks today.

Tuesday - Zumba this morning, followed by another half hour of Curves. :) I've started doing my Curves stuff as soon as they start their cool down song. That works perfectly! Breakfast was coffee, a Special K Crisp and some pineapple. Lunch was a Weight Watchers soup. I am in love with these little soup cans that you can just throw in the microwave and they are the perfect size. Dinner was cowboy casserole and some oreos. I had errands to run today, so no walks.

Wednesday - Curves this morning. Breakfast was coffee and a Special K Crisp. I tried heating them in the microwave yesterday. It was good, but I didn't get to my 2nd one (they come 2 in a package, so added together they are about the size of one pop tart), once they cool down, they get a little hard. Lunch was a Weight Watchers soup. Dinner was 2 small slices of pizza. Note to self, you NEED to go grocery shopping! Walked on both my breaks today.

No comments: