Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 5

The DietBet I'm a part of ended on Thursday night. I had to loose 4% of my body weight in order to be able to share in the winning pot. That meant I had a month to loose 8.40 pounds. I did well the first week, but then didn't do so hot the next two weeks. But I was able to work my butt off this week. At the end of the contest, I was down to 202.6, so I was able to be a part of the winnings. Unfortunately, I'm now back up to 204. So I know its possible. I think the next thing I need to focus on is making better eating choices on the weekends. 

Given the incentive I had from the DietBet, I was able to hit the gym a few times this week. 
On Monday, I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 30, walked another 5 and than I ran for 20. That upped my running time so I am now running for 50 of those 70 minutes. 


Tuesday was a day of crushing goals. I had joined a Fitbit challenge group called the Valley Loop. There was like 20 people in the group, so I didn't expect much. So I was surprised on Tuesday morning to see I was neck and neck for 2nd place. I tried all day to pass up 1st place; I even went and walked 2 miles at the walking park on my lunch break. But I never could catch up to her. 

After work, I went to the gym. I think I was about halfway through my run when I got the notification I had taken 2nd place in the race. I finished just over 3 hours after 1st place. 

My legs weren't quite recovered from the run yesterday, or my lunch break walk, so I decided to walk for 5 and run for 15 and then repeat two more times. 



Another crazy Wednesday. I knew it wasn't likely I'd get a walk in tonight, so I decided to walk on my breaks. I tracked it on my phone and 2 laps around the warehouse and pole yard is a mile. I was able to do a mile on my am break and another mile on my pm break. I might have to keep that up, I hit my 10,000 steps by 3:30. 

 I wasn't sure I'd get a workout in on Thursday either, so I decided to walk on both my am and pm walk again and to go to the walking park on my lunch break. During my lunch walk, I earned the Fitbit Sahara badge, which is equivalent to walking 2,983 miles (since I purchased my Fitbit in June 2015). I always love earning badges, but they are more exciting when I'm in the middle of a workout, or long walk. 



 Friday morning, I decided to head to the gym. I needed to weigh in for the Dietbet and thought I'd get one more workout in. Almost a year ago, I had a bad day. The judge was supposed to sign my divorce, but he ended up waiting another day. I was pretty upset, so I went to the gym that night. I threw the towel over the screen and just ran. It was the first time I ran for a full 60 minutes without slowing down to a walk. I've tried to do it a few times since then, but never could power past 45 minutes of solid running. 

On Friday, I decided to try it again. I did peak under the towel at around 50 minute, so at that point I decided to go for it. I ran 4 miles in 57 minutes and ran for 60 minutes straight. 

I was also in another Fitbit Challenge, the Workweek Hustle. I crushed it!



It always harder to stay motivated on the weekends. But I am in a few different FB challenges, which are keeping me motivated. The first one is a FB Group that is trying to reach 300,000 steps in the month of October, which basically breaks down to an average of 10,000 steps a day. I realize I have days well above that, but I've decided to try and aim for at least 10,000 each day. 

I'm also running a walk a mile day challenge group. Since its my group, I figure I better show commitment and get a walk in every day. So on Saturday, I went to the walking park and walked 3 miles. 

Sunday is usually the laziest day, but I still managed to get 12,000 steps in. After church, I did a quick one mile walk so I could count that to my mile-a-day challenge group. 

Another thing I'm proud of this week is my water consumption. I was in a water challenge group to hit your water goal everyday. Drinking half my weight in water is even more motivation to lose weight. 100 oz a day is a ton of water! But despite that, I actually ended up drinking even more than that on most days. Hopefully I learned some new habits, such as drinking 2 large glasses when I first wake up, that will stick with me. 

I can't remember the last time I saw all green across the board. I've learned how to do cooler screenshots of my daily steps, but it doesn't show the active hours or water. But I figure if I'm getting over 10,000 steps a day, that's still awesome. 

I've been adding friends on Fitbit from a FB group I'm in. I try to stick to those with similar goals to me. There are people on there who get 60,000+ steps a day! So I try to just accept ones that average 10,000 - 15,000 steps. Its definitely kept me motivated so I can hopefully finish in the top 3. 


No comments: