Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 7


That cold I mentioned last week... I spent most of this week pretty sick also. I am slightly down, to 202.4. Not a huge loss, but I'll take it. 

The only reason I met my step goal every day is because I walked on my breaks. Some days it was just my am and pm break, but I was also able to walk on my lunch break a day or two. 
  
On Tuesday, I wanted to go to the gym, or at least part of my wanted to. But my body just laughed at me. So instead, I went home after work and did housework so my house would be clean before leaving for Women's Retreat on Friday. Thanks to the housework, I ended up with over 20,000 steps!


On Wednesday, I was going to go to the clinic after work, but while I was walking on my lunch break, Jennifer called and asked if I could cover youth group that night. Instead, I went to the clinic Thursday morning. I can't even remember the last time I was this sick with a cold. I was literally up every night coughing, trying to sleep upright on my couch. I was headed out of town the next day and needed to feel better. So I did a few things at work, and then left early to go to the clinic. The doctor gave me some antibiotics and then I went home and went to bed. I pretty much slept all day!


Thanks to the antibiotics, I slowly improved over the weekend. I was worried I'd keep the ladies awake at night with my coughing, but the cough medicine helped me sleep through the night. 

Earlier in the week, I joined another workweek hustle. I was shocked when I took 3rd place, since I didn't try very hard. It just serves as a reminder how all those steps can add up. I haven't had time to walk at night, so I've been squeezing it into my work breaks. I'm glad to see those little efforts are adding up. 



I've loved having more Fitbit friends. I'm usually in at least one challenge, and it keeps me motivated to work hard. But each time I add more friends, I go down in rank. I think it'll be another week before I can go back to running, but hopefully after that, I can climb back up the ranks again. 

No comments: