Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 14

What a good week and it paid off. I'm now down 31 pounds! Squee!!

I tried to compromise and go back to how I was eating before. I don't want a full meal at dinner. I'm tired from working all day and by the time I get my exercising done, I'm too tired to care. I'm going to embrace the fact that I love cereal and not listen to anyone else.

Which also means, if I don't cook at night, there is no leftovers for lunch the next day. But I don't care. I enjoy my lettuce salad and carrot sticks. I've learned I don't like the baby carrots as much. I prefer to buy the big carrots, peel them and slice them. They are so much better! I also try to pack a few slices of cheese when I take salad for lunch and I've really enjoyed that.

I think regular Dr. Pepper and cheese are what I miss the most. I can still have the cheese (just in smaller portions then I used to), but I think I've said my final good bye to Dr. Pepper. I will MISS you! Those Diet Dr. Pepper commercials are lying. You CAN believe its diet and it tastes NOTHING like the regular. So I stick with Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. They still aren't as good, but they seem to hit the spot when I have a craving. Oh, and I was sad when I went into a gas station the other day. I wanted a diet Sprite, but they don't sell it there. So I left without buying anything. :(

I really kicked up my exercise this last week. There is even a few days where I walked on my work breaks, did some time on the exercise bike and then did a workout on the Wii. I just got the Biggest Loser Challenge Wii and I (mostly) love it. I think half the work out comes from moving the balance board a lot. "Move the balance board into position." "Move the balance board out of the way." I kind of wish that it would do all the exercises on the board, then move it and do the ones that don't use it. It also makes you move the Wii remote a lot, including your pockets, which my work out pants don't have. But then it probably wouldn't be as good a work out I guess. I've gotten good at moving it with just my feet. I love how it just cycles through a bunch of different stretches and exercises, etc. The only thing I don't like is when it makes you jump rope. I HATE that exercise. But I LOVE how at the end it just goes into a bunch of relaxing exercises that help you unwind.

I bought a shirt in a size large. WOW, I seriously can't remember the last time I bought a shirt that didn't have "x" in the size. Its still a little tight in my arms, but it hasn't stopped me from wearing it. I honestly can't tell you how much I weighed in high school, but I'm now basing my goal weight around a dress I wore to the Winter Ball my junior year. Its a size medium. I don't remember ever being any smaller then that so I guess I'll see where I am when I reach that point.

I'm so proud of myself. All week I've wanted to buy a Starburst candy bar in the break room, but I've resisted. Today I decided to reward myself for finally losing 30 pounds. I ate 4 pieces and then put it away. I think I'll have a few more pieces when I'm finally under 200, which really isn't that far away. Hopefully in a few weeks. :)

No comments: