Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 17

Some highs and some lows this week. I've now lost 34 pounds! I'm just barely under 5 pounds away from hitting "onederland." So close!

Last weekend I did a little bit of clothes shopping. I went in the Dress Barn and without looking at styles, I just grabbed some pants to try on in size 16 and 14. I clapped in the dressing room when I got the size 14 on and buckled. They are still slightly tight, but a few pounds and they will be just right. Its my extra motiviation to keep working at this. I didn't buy as much as I would have liked because apparently they put their jeans away for summer and just sell shorts and capris. :p But they found one pair in the back that I liked. I also bought a few new pairs of dress slacks for work (I really needed those since my old ones don't have belt loopes). I also bought some new shirts. I asked the lady what sizes are on the women's side vs. the misses side. Size 12 seems to be the cut off point, so next time I should be able to shop on the other side of the store!!!!

Exercise has it hit or almost miss days. Some days I work out real good, and other days I'm lazy and just take a 15 minute walk during my morning break. But the lazy days could be contributed to my late night attacks.

Last week I mentioned the severe pain in the dead of night. It happened again on Monday night. It seemed more intense then the first one, but I went straight for my prescription pain pills and that seemed to shut it down faster. But at one point I was worried the pill wouldn't help because I felt like I was going to throw up. There is nothing in common between these two attacks. By that point, I was thinking it could be my gallbladder.

I was able to get into a doctor on Tuesday. He told me it is most likely my gallbladder. He told me to stay away from fats, grease, oils, (all of which are no problem) and diary products (that is a problem). I live on dairy! I have a yogurt in the morning. Usually a cheese stick with my lunch. And my dinner standby is cereal. I was pretty distraught, I cried while getting my car washed. I cried because I like milk. I cried because I don't want to cook at night when I'm tired and its just me. I cried because the pain is so bad during these attacks that I don't dare go to sleep at night.

The first thing they do to diagnose is an ultrasound of my gallbladder. I have to be fasting for this. And their next opening is a week away! A WEEK! Yesterday I called and asked if we could skip the ultrasound and do the 2nd test where they fill your gallbladder with dye and watch it drain. But they can't because if they skip the ultrasound, insurance might not pay for it.

I've already decided its coming out. I am not going to live my life like this. But I guess I have to prove to the insurance company its a problem first. I hope it doesn't take too long to jump through all their hoops and then be able to schedule an appointment that isn't weeks or months out.

To end my post in a happy note, I punched a new hole in my belt this morning. Its the 3rd one since I bought the belt.

No comments: