Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 16

This was a better week. I got back into exercising and I know it really makes a difference. In fact, I reached one of my big goals last Friday. :) When I started walking Sage, I decided that by the end of summer, I wanted to be able to walk to the store and back. That's just about 3 miles. On Friday, my lawn mowers showed up. Sage wouldn't stop barking at them and it was driving me nuts. So I decided to take her for a walk. It would get my exercise in for the day and it would make her shut up. When we got to the end of the lane, I was feeling pretty good, so I turned up the road and decided to go to a turn off. When I got there, I still felt good, so we went on to the store! I was so proud of myself when we got there. I thought about going further, but realized I was quite far from home, so we turned around and headed home. It took me about an hour to walk to the store and back. But I don't think I'll do it again until I have a camel back, I got pretty thirsty. So did Sage, but each time I walked her up to the canal, she wouldn't stop to drink. There is too much to see and smell to stop for a drink. I was a bit sore for the next two days, but it was worth it.

Which kind of ties into last night. I got home from work and had about an hour before I had to leave to go to Preston's T-ball game. I knew if I went in the house, I would not exercise. When I went in the garage to get Sage a treat, I saw my bike. Without thinking about it, I jumped on and took off. I was still in my work clothes, but I had on decent enough shoes. I do need to take the water bottle holder thingy off, because my pants kept getting caught. Ten minutes later, I was at the store! I turned around to go home and learned that there is a slight grade ALL THE WAY back to my house. We live on a hill, but I thought it was flat until you hit that hill about a tenth of the mile from our home. Wow, it was a much harder ride going home. It took me just over 20 minutes, which made my total ride time 30 minutes.

I don't know if the bike ride is related, but last night I woke up with a TERRIBLE back ache. I was in tears it hurt so much. I think I was just sleeping in a bad position so I'm not giving up on bike riding yet. But if I ride again and the back ache comes back, I might have to give it up. I've never hurt so bad in my life. I didn't fall back asleep until about 4 so I'm the walking dead today. I took ibuprofen when it first woke meat 1:00, but at 3:30 I was still in severe pain, so I took a prescription drug. It finally kicked in about 4:00. I'm better this morning, but I can still feel pressure in the worst spot. If Josh had been home, I think I would have made him take me to the ER I hurt so bad. Course, if he had been home, he probably would have made me remember I had that prescription.

The other highlight of my week is that I'm getting a lot of comments. I've been getting them from the people who KNEW I was on WW, but now I'm getting them from people who had no idea. Totally makes my day each time someone ask if I'm loosing weight.

I'm only 6 pounds away from "onederland". I hope I can loose that in the next few weeks. I'm more determined to keep working hard now that it is so close. I've now lost just over 32 pounds, I'm so proud of myself. This week I wore shirts that I haven't worn in years.

Oh, and just for Heather, one night I actually cooked instead of eating cereal. I had chicken and roasted potatoes. I gotta say it, I missed my cereal. The chicken just didn't satisfy me. But I made plenty, so I had it for lunch the next day too.

No comments: