Thursday, November 3, 2011

Week 35

I find myself not wanting to blog on weeks like this. But I know I need to keep myself accountable so I force myself to blog, even about the bad weeks.

No weight loss this week. That is because there was no exercising on my part this week.

I could end my post there, but I did have one highlight this week.

The HARDEST thing to give up when I started this diet was Dr. Pepper. Diet Dr. Pepper is NOT the same, not even close. I've tried to quit soda pop altogether, but I just can't. I need that kick of caffeine. So I've been alternating between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Both give me the kick I need, but still don't quite satisfy me.

Last week on FB a friend posted that Dr. Pepper 10 was only 1 weight watcher point. I know I'm not actually on that plan anymore, but I was still curious. A Diet Dr. Pepper was 0 points and I think a regular Dr. Pepper was like 8 points. So the 1 point caught my attention. I had never heard of Dr. Pepper 10, so I googled it. They are marketing it as a diet drink for men. Men can't drink a sissy drink like Diet Dr. Pepper, but they can drink Dr. Pepper 10 with only 10 BOLD calories. The marketing kind of reminded me of Coke Zero.

I was worried I'd have to look hard to find one to try, but really, who am I kidding. America has a soda pop epidemic, of course I found it easily.

It is not quite as good as Dr. Pepper, but it is so much better then Diet Dr. Pepper. It does satisfy my craving. And at only 10 cravings per serving, I don't feel guilty about it. I should mention the 10 calories is based on an 8 oz. can and I've been drinking the bottled kind, so its actually 20 calories by the time I finish my drink, but still I can live with only 20 calories.

Here's my motivation for this week.

No comments: