Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 36

I did okish all week...until yesterday. Then yesterday, I learned, I am not ready AT ALL for the holidays. Work had their Thanksgiving luncheon yesterday and I ate way too much food. I even went back for seconds of one thing. This morning, it showed on the scale, by a lot. Ugh. Well, my period is starting too and that affects the scale, but I'm blaming it all on how I ate yesterday.

So today I skipped the lunch (because there is always leftovers so they feast for 2 days) and walked instead. I might try to make it a habit to walk during my lunch break in addition to my other breaks. I only get 30 mins for lunch, but I figured it was better then eating more food.

So now I'm terrified of the holidays. Not only do I not want to gain during the holidays, I want to continue loosing. Its not like the holidays are about food, but they sure seem to center around food a lot. I'm just going to have to avoid it as much as I can. Which will be hard at work, because the week of Thanksgiving until the New Year, there is ALWAYS food in the break room. They put a calendar out and people sign up to bring treats. And most people bring treats that are out of this world delish, but also out of this world high in sugar and/or fat. It won't be like other days where I can tell myself to only get something its an absolute favorite. I work with really good cooks and it will all be my favorites. So I think I'll either walk on my lunches or have to eat in the back meeting room. Which shouldn't feel bad about. My lunch break is during the unsocial hour, it seems like everyone else goes to lunch after me, so 9 times out of 10, I'm alone in the break room anyways. It won't be nothing to eat alone in a different room.

Eating the bare minimum today so I can enjoy my trip to the city tomorrow. Yes, I know, I just spent this post complaining about eating too much. But I don't get to eat in the city often and we're going to a new place tomorrow. I plan to thoroughly enjoy it.

No comments: