Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 37

I love the good weeks. :) Sometimes I just feel like I'm on top of this weight loss. Other times I feel like I have spun out of control. But this was a good week. I'm now down 56 pounds!!!!

Dr. Pepper 10 makes me feel like I'm cheating on my diet, but since its only 10 calories, I'm not. I LOVE the stuff. But I don't over do it, I limit myself to only one (or two) a day so at the most I'm still only drinking 20 calories, but I'm getting my fill of it. And its caught on in the office, we have a pop machine and the lady who fills it bought a case of Dr. Pepper 10. Its in the fridge with a note it costs as much as the soda pops in the machine. I think a few people are drinking it now.

And I don't know if it was just for me, but yesterday at our luncheon meeting, they had thin crust pizza. I made sure to thank a few people so stuff like that continues in the future. It makes this diet so much easier when I have to go somewhere to eat and they have healthier options for me.

So far I'm staying strong with exercising. I refuse to let this cold weather make me stop and put back on some of this weight I've worked so hard to loose. The wind blows just about every day. When that happens, I take my breaks and walk around inside the warehouse. But I still walk outside when the weather is nice so the view isn't so boring. ;)

My one discouragement this week has been on a mental level. I have a subscription to Weight Watchers Magazine. I was ready through it and they always do success stories. One lady had lost like 30 pounds, but she started at 146. I know in my head, that she is probably shorter then me and have a smaller frame so that is probably normal, but its really bothered me that she had to diet at 146. That's the goal I'm shooting for, but when I look at her, I fill like I'll still be fat. I've had to work hard to remind myself that I did talk to my doctor about what is healthy and that is what I'm shooting for. I just feel like the magazine can be a little misleading I guess. They should list if she is 5 feet tall etc, so I can get a better feel for what is healthy for her vs. me. Its just hard to think that when I hit my goal weight, other people are starting diets at that weight. Our society is so obsessed with being thin and I know I get sucked into it. I'll keep working hard to remember I want to be at a healthy weight and what my doctor suggested.

My tight pants aren't tight anymore, that's the highlight of the week. They are still snug enough I can't just pull them off like I do my other pants, but they are close to that. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I bought a few new clothes 2 weeks ago. Mostly sweaters so I could update my winter clothes with stuff that fits. But I also bought a new dress. I LOVE this dress. Our work party is in a few weeks. I don't normal dress up, but I think I look smokin' in this dress, so I'm going to dress up for the party this year.

I was really hoping to loose 60 pounds by Thanksgiving, but that is still 4 pounds away. Four doesn't seem like a lot, but realistically, most people loose 1-2 pounds a week. I've had a few weeks bigger then that, but only a few. So instead I'm just hoping to be under 180 before Thanksgiving, which is only 2 pounds away. And I'm only going to be eating my most favorite of foods on Thanksgiving. No mashed potatoes and maybe no turkey. I know its healthy, but I want to spend my calories on the side dishes I love so much but only get this time of year. I should also try to figure out a better punch option for me and Melanie, I wonder if they drink they usually make is high in sugar?

No comments: