Friday, November 25, 2011

Week 38

I should have posted yesterday, but I didn't want to brag about a great week and then ruin it all on Thanksgiving dinner, so I decided to wait until today.

Drum roll please.... yesterday was Thanksgiving dinner and I STILL lost weight! I was so proud of myself yesterday. I only had a few things on my plate yesterday. A small slice of turkey, some cranberries, a small helping of yams, a few veggies from my turkey shaped veggie tray, a small scoop of stuffing and some of grandma Vonne's lefsa (its a Norweign potato bread/tortilla). I wanted to go back for seconds, but instead I went on a walk for an hour.

I took 3 pies for dessert and decided to try each. I had 2 bites of the coconut cream and lemon meringue and then half a slice of the cranberry cherry pie. It was delish!

Now the pressure is on. Josh's little brother got engaged yesterday. We all knew it was coming. For months now, Melanie and I have joked that the bride would be the only one prettier then us at the wedding. But now that there is actually a real wedding coming up, we feel pressured to step it up. They have to work out a few details, like a job he just applied for and her trying to transfer colleges, the wedding could be in March or May. I'm kind of hoping for May so I have that much more time. But either way, I'm even that more committed now.

I'm less then 2 pounds away from being under 180. I hope I can be under 180 by the end of next week.

Josh is pretty much home for the winter. That will be hard on my diet. I told him that any time he wants elk steaks for dinner, to go ahead. I won't feel bad about not eating what he is eating and I'll eat something small like cereal or a salad.

I know some of my weight loss friends are just hoping to maintain through the holiday season, but I am determined to keep loosing.

No comments: