Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 75 and Curves measurments

This is a long post, but I've had lots of thoughts this week. In case you get bored and don't want to finish reading, the important part is, the plateau is OVER. I haven't seen 180 on my scale for a week now and this morning I saw a new number...175.5!

Thursday - I love Curves in the morning. :) Breakfast was half a protein drink and coffee. BTW, my coffee isn't near as good with the sugar free creamer, but it works. Lunch was half a salad from Maverick.

Its now almost midnight, but I'm so proud of myself, that I had to turn on the computer, log in and finish recording my day. I went to Curves before work and then I also walked on both of my 15 minute breaks. I've been up since 4:30 and have been able to go strong all day. This weekend, I am helping my uncle with his catering business (trying to earn some money for a house). I was pretty much on my feet non stop from 6-11 tonight. I only sat a few times when there was a lull in the crowd. During those few times, I felt antsy, like I should be doing something and I would find my legs bouncing or my arms drumming. Just some kind of movement. And the second a line started to form again, I was right there to dish up food. I loved it! I want to feel like I earn my money, so I only took a quick break. And that was only because I realized I left my meds in the car for my tooth ache (which is much better by the way). So while I ran to the car I had a very small dish of potatoes and a little while later I had a corn on the cob that had broke in half. I'm proud to report that  I never touched the cobblers. I wanted to. But I find the strength to resist thanks to my commitment to keep the weight off and stay away from sugar.

Right now, I'm still deciding what to do. Curves is only open until 1 tomorrow and I don't have to be to Roosevelt until 5. I really want to go to Curves, but I also am hoping to get an hour at home with Josh before I leave. So its either make 2 trips to town in one day or miss Curves tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Friday - I didn't have the energy to drive to Curves today. I went to do a Pilate's video, but apparently Netflix doesn't stream those anymore. :( So I decided it would be ok to take it easy since I would be running hard again tonight. Breakfast was oatmeal and coffee. Lunch was a small dish of stir fry. Dinner was a small piece of chicken, a small portion of potatoes and a very small portion of raspberry cobbler. I also had 2 diet Coke's last night and countless bottles of water.

Saturday - I think the plateau is over!!!!! I think its because I have been so good at attending Curves, but I think this extra work with my uncle has helped to. I'm a runner, which means I fill orders. I like that because its keeps me moving, but also, I think if I was at one of the food stations, I would peck at the food all night.

I had wanted to do Zumba today. But they were closed today for the parade, but that's ok, because I was tired and slept in. Tonight will be an even later night. Money for the house fund AND being on my feet all night to help me get away from that plateau.

Breakfast was oatmeal. Lunch was a small dish of stir fry. Dinner was a small dish of potatoes w/ cobbler. I also had a TON of water and a few Diet Cokes while working. Working with my uncle and family has been so fun. Can't wait to do it again next week.

Sunday - Breakfast was oatmeal. Lunch/Dinner was burritos. Well, lunch was more like a nap, but that is why dinner was so early. No exercise today. 1) I'm trying to recoup and 2) its too HOT! I hate the heat.

Monday - Curves in the morning, but I didn't get the chance to walk on either break. :( Breakfast was coffee and some grapes w/ dip. Lunch was half a salad from Maverick. Dinner was burritos with Spanish rice (which Josh and I made and it turned out pretty dang good!).

Tuesday - Curves in the morning. I choose to dress up today, so no walks again.

Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/ granola. Lunch was the other half of the salad and a small brownie. Around 4, my uncle called and asked me to help him at the fair. So dinner was a small portion of ribs, potatoes and cobbler. I like the extra money, but I also like how much weight I've lost. :)

Wednesday -  Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/granola. Lunch was half a Maverick salad and a large fountain Diet Coke (I am dragging today). Dinner was fajitas. Josh and I had a talk, he will add LOTS more veggies next time.

I didn't get to bed until 11:30 last night, but I decided to still get up and go to Curves this morning. 1) So I wouldn't miss my measurements appointment. 2) In case I end up working at the fair again tonight. 3) Just to prove to myself that I could do it. That made me realize, again, how much I have grown. I feel I'm constantly amazing myself at what I can do.

Some thoughts at the end of this week. 1) I missed Curves on Friday and Saturday. But the thing is, I MISSED Curves. By the time Monday came, I felt like I hadn't been in FOREVER and I hated that. I have another crazy this week with helping my uncle at the fair, so I don't know if I'll make it on Friday or Saturday this week either, but I'm going to try. We'll see how late I get home each night and how much my body needs to sleep. I hope to make it at least one of those days, if not both.

2) I forgot to mention this last week, but when I went to the dentist for my tooth ache, he noticed my weight loss. When you first start seeing him, he takes a photo to attach to your file. He told his assistant to take a new picture because I was a new woman. I was going to ask him to do that at my cleaning this fall, but for him to suggest it made my day.

3) I love the look of shock on people's faces that I haven't seen in years. That never gets old. Working at the fair I think will be fun for that reason. I used to live and work in Duchesne. Last night, I saw one guy who had given a false name for him meal (a spin off of Bond, James Bond). So when I figured out it was his meal I said "Funny, you look like a Mike" which is his real name. I don't think he even recognized me.

4) Some of my cousins started a Weight Loss Support Group on Facebook. I LOVE it. Its like we are each others cheerleaders. Its so awesome when one of them posts about their workout or weight loss. I'm so proud of each of them as they tackle their own weight loss journey's. I love it when we share insights or wisdom. I wasn't close to my cousins when we were kids (because all the ones my age were boys), but this has helped us become closer.

I'm a couple days early on my Curves monthly weigh in, but with the craziness of helping at the Fair, I decided to do it this morning in case I don't make it later this week. The last time I posted my measurements was on June 28th, but I think I mentioned that they had me do my measurements just 2 weeks later because of the contest they are doing this summer. I didn't like those numbers, so I never posted them. But since the numbers look so AMAZING this month, I've plugged them in as my last weigh in totals.

My measurements on 7/13/12.
Bust 40.00
Waist 32.50
Abdomen 36.50
Hip 42.50
Thigh 25.5
Arm 12.75
Weight 184.25 (lbs.)
BMI 31.62
Body Fat % 34.60
Body Fat 63.75 (lbs.)

My measurements on 8/8/12.
Bust   40.00
Waist 32.00
Abdomen 36.50
Hip 42.00
Thigh 24.50
Arm 12.50
Weight 176.5 (lbs.)
BMI 30.29
Body Fat % 34.40
Body Fat 60.72 (lbs.)

Results
Bust -0.00
Waist - -0.50
Abdomen -0.00
Hip -0.50
Thigh - -2.00
Arm - -0.50
Weight - -7.75 (lbs)
BMI - -1.33
Body Fat % -.20
Body Fat - -3.03 (lbs.)

Curves adds all the results together for a total loss of -3.50 inches and -7.75 (lbs.). So that means since starting Curves, I have lost a total of -6.50 inches and -6.50 (lbs.)

Few things. My bust size is never the same. I'm trying to always use the same lady to do my measurements. My bust actually went up today, but we decided to leave it as it was last month and then just watch it next month. But I'm not trying to get my bust smaller, so I don't really care, except that if it does go up, it makes my total inches lost less. I think that is why J decided to leave it listed the same as last month, which is fine with me.

3.50 inches and 7.75 pounds LOST! Those are some numbers to be proud of! I will admit, in June, I thought about quitting Curves. I had been stuck at 180-185 all YEAR and I was discouraged. I was convinced it wasn't working for me. But I decided to give it one more month and I devoted myself that month. Until July, my attendance was very sparse. So of course I wouldn't see results. You have to put in the work to see results. And it worked! For 6 months I was stuck in the 180's. I was finally ready to admit defeat and think I would never get past that. But I pushed through it and I haven't seen 180 on my scale for a week. I'm so proud of myself. And it gave me the will to keep trying. For a while, I kept thinking, if I can just hit 175. But now, I'm not ready to quit. If I can hit 170, that will be pretty awesome too.

No comments: