Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 76

Thursday - I am on cloud nine over my weight today, 175.5. I NEVER thought I'd see that number on my scale. And it must have lifted my mood, because today was my best day at Curves this week. Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/ granola. Lunch was at Canton City with Barb. Dinner was ribs and potatoes at the fair.

Friday - Breakfast was Honey Nut Cheerios. Lunch was half a salad from Maverick. Dinner was some chicken dish that Kevan made for the workers. It was DELISH! It was chicken, potatoes and carrots soaked in some kind of gravy.

I was able to make it to Curves today and that felt good. Then I was able to stay busy helping at the fair again.

Saturday - My weight is back up to 187.8. :( I want to blame it on my period because I know it will start in the next day or two, but I think I've been eating over sized portions the last few nights. So I'll buckle down tonight and do better.

Breakfast was oatmeal and coffee. Around 4:30, I realized I didn't eat lunch before heading to help at the fair. Kevan's food wasn't going to be ready until 6 and then we would be super busy. So I decided I better eat because I probably wouldn't get the chance again until 8 or later. Of course, its the fair, and every thing is deep fried. But there was one stand selling fajitas so I went there. Then also that night I had some cobbler and a few of Brenda's fried donuts she bought to share.

Sunday - What is it about periods that make you throw all dieting reason out the door?!? Seriously, I did lousy yesterday, but I was too miserable to care. The thought process was even there, but its like it couldn't follow itself out. And its not like I ate super horrid, I just normally don't eat like. Breakfast was mini raspberry muffins. So was lunch. Then I had skittles. Dinner was the left over fajitas from last week, but I added more onions and a red bell pepper. Then I ate half of Josh's cobbler I brought home for him AND a brownie. He started to remind me about my no sugar thing, but PMS yelled at him that I didn't care today.

Monday - I've noticed I never do well at Curves on Monday. I think my body is still trying to reset from the weekend. But a 3/4 effort is better then not going at all. I walked on both my 15 min breaks. Then I felt guilty last night so I did 90 mins on my exercise bike.

Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/ granola. And chocolate covered caramel popcorn. A few months back I ordered some popcorn through a fundraiser. It came today. And I munched on it all day long. :( Hence the exercise bike last night. Lunch was a salad. That meant turning down left over Cafe Rio stuff in the back break room. But I felt like being unsocial so healthy was a good alternative. Dinner was fajitas.

Tuesday - Back down to 177.4. I can't complain about that. I also realized, that while my period was here, I never hit 180. Sweet! Went to Curves in the morning and then walked on both of my breaks. Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/ granola. Lunch was the other half of the salad from yesterday and some chips. Dinner was a pork chop and real mashed potatoes. (Thanks for feeding me Vanessa!) I also snacked some on my popcorn today, but not near as much. Then I took it home last night so it won't tempt me at work!

My sister has mentioned a few times now that she is reading this blog. At first, I felt a lot of extra pressure to be perfect (that is SO me), but I realized that I need to share the good and the bad because that is really how it is. I do have bad days. I've had bad months! But then, when I have good moments, they seem extra sweet. Like today, a coworker commented on my shirt. I remembered that it was the very first shirt I bought with OUT and "x" in the size. I remember buying it and how happy I was. It was a little tight then, but now, it fits perfectly. Yes, there is hard moments when you want to give up. "Its too hard! I'm too stressed. Chocolate will feel better then a workout." You can use any excuse in the book, or even make up your own, but in the end, if you want something, you have to work for it!

I've adjusted to getting up at 4:30 am. But still, most of those mornings, I will admit, I want to go back to bed. But I roll out of bed anyways. I don't even hit the snooze button anymore and I used to hit it 3 or 4 times each morning! But it is worth it. My whole day goes better when I go in the morning. I feel more rejuvenated and more energetic. I tried going at night after work and my attendance sucked. Now, I rarely miss a morning. Even when I worked at the fair the night before and didn't get to bed until 11:30, I was still there the next morning. I have decided to make this important to me and that seems to make it feel like less of a sacrifice. I would rather feel good about myself and my body then get just a little bit more sleep.

Wednesday - Back to 175. :) I think the diet gods are pleased with me. I have to take dinner to my scrapbook group tonight. I was really thinking about just ordering pizza's because its easy. But Heather talked me into cooking something. I think she was trying to save me money (which I'm now putting in the house fund), but really, she also saved me calories. ;) Last night, I browned some hamburger. Then this afternoon, I'm going to cook a tator tot casserole about an hour before I get off work so it will be ready just in time. Then I bought a veggie tray, rolls (both wheat and white), and cookies (for those who think they need dessert). UPDATE: Glad I didn't buy pizzas. I think I only saw three other people, besides myself, dish up food. I took 2 dozen rolls (a package of wheat and a package of white) and only like 5 were eaten total. I also had half the casserole left, but Josh was thrilled about that. And the cookies disappeared about as slowly as the rolls. Oh well, I thought it was delish and it was much healthier then the pizza I had been planning on.

Breakfast was coffee and yogurt w/ granola. Lunch was half a Maverick salad. Dinner was cowboy casserole, carrots, one wheat roll and 2 cookies. (After my day, I'm lucky I stopped at two!) I went to Curves in the morning and walked on both my breaks.

Final weight this week: 175! A number I thought I would never see. Its only 1/2 a pound down from last week, but with my period being here, that still makes it an amazing week. I think at the height of my period, I was 178. So glad to not see the 180's!!! I'm so proud of myself.

Now the challenge is to not gain it all back while in Vegas with my mom. But I am armed with a Curves travel pass and a map to the one closet to our suite. And I have stressed to my mom several times, no sugar, no white breads, lots of healthy treats and meals. I can do this! If I don't melt....I hate the heat.

No comments: