Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Week 88

I'm up to 171 right now. That is probably from not tracking, but also my period. Joy, I just love this time of the month. (eyeroll)

So I started this post on Sunday with plans to start tracking immediately. Its now Wednesday and I still haven't. I didn't want to be the type of person who thought they could only start over at a certain time, but I just couldn't get back on track. So since tomorrow is when my week starts over, I will just have to be one of those people this time. But really, a person can start over when ever they want. Had a donut for breakfast? Don't wait for tomorrow to start fresh. Skip the burger and fries and have a salad instead. Just cause you slip off track for a minute doesn't mean its over.

Even though I didn't track this week, I did still keep up with my workouts, so it wasn't a complete bust.

A few other things from this week. Josh has always been supportive, but this year he finally got into it. He was eating better and exercising too. This weekend we had to buy him new pants because his were so saggy. He had no butt and I hated him in those jeans. So we bought new ones. He's now back to the size he was when we got married. Course that was easy for him since he only ever gained ONE pant size. Its so wonderful for both us to be in the same state of mind when it comes to eating healthy and our wellness.

This weekend, I helped haul wood for the first time in YEARS. Like a year or two pre diet even. Last year, I thought I should help now that I was in better shape, but hauling wood is a lot of work. So I'd always wuss out and say I needed to do something else. But then I would complain that it took Josh so long. But he was doing all the work alone. So on Sunday when he said he wanted to haul a load, I decided to go with him. It was still a lot of work, but it didn't feel at tiring. And the last time I helped, the place we were going was all flat. This time, it was uphill! I was amazed at how well I was able to keep up with Josh. The smaller stuff, I would carry all the way down, but there was a few big pieces that I rolled down the mtn instead. Over all, ya it was hard. But NOT near as hard as it used to be. If the chain on the saw hadn't of broke, I would have been agreeable to hauling a second load that day.

I love moments like that when I realize just how much healthier I am now and how much more I can do compared to what little I used to.

The stuff below is what I wrote on Sunday. Figured I'd keep it since it was the only time I actually logged in to attemp to track.

Its now Sunday. Almost a week since I last tracked my food. I could try to go back and remember, but I'm not going to bother. Right now, I'm up 2 pounds, but that could be my period starting. Or it could be I've eaten more with Josh home. But I'm ok with that. This weekend has been so nice to just be with him. Last night we went on our first date in who knows how long. Neither of us could remember our last date. We had an appetizer and a drink with our meal and on the way home we stopped and bought a cheese cake. It was the most perfect night. I don't let go of control of my eating habits like this very often,. but I think I'm okay to slack off every now and then. As long as I don't let it become the new norm and put all the weight back on.

No comments: