Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week 89


All ready to get back on track! I feel like I've had so many struggles lately and I'm not sure where to start to fix them all. So I decided breakfast is the one to work on for now. Honestly, its ALWAYS been my biggest struggle. I have never, in my entire life, been a breakfast person. (Unless french toast for dinner counts.) I hear numerous times that it is the most important meal of the day, but its just not me. My body has to "wake up" before it can eat or I just get sick. And with my new morning routine, I just don't have time. I think the best I ever did with breakfast was when I was making fruit smoothies in the morning. So I've decided to do that again. Except when... is the problem. If I make it before leaving in the morning, it will be all warm and soggy by the time I finish at Curves. So I've decided to buy a small blender to keep at work. (Right next to my coffee machine. I feel like I'm staking a claim to one corner on the cupboard in the break room.) I looked at Stewart's this morning, but couldn't find one I like. I just found one on Amazon that is a personal sized one with a detachable cup, and its only $15! So I'm going to order it. Until then, I'm going to back my Ninja back and forth from home. With this breakfast routine, I'm hoping it will help. There are some days I am starving by lunch. Then starving again shortly after. I know breakfast is important, I just need to choose to make it a priority in my life.

Thursday - So today was the day I planned to start back on breakfast smoothies. But I had no supplies for that. Last night, as I went to bed, I decided I would just have to do the Zumba/Curves combo so I could have enough time to go to the store afterwards. I was bummed, but since I had just committed to the whole breakfast thing, I felt like I might have to sacrifice just this once.

Can I just say, I'm loving the time change. I've been in bed, every night this week, by 8:00. Then around 4, my body wakes up before the alarm. The last few days, I tried to fight it and go back to sleep. But that just makes me groggy. This morning when I woke up at 4:10, I decided to just get up. I needed to pack my Ninja and I wanted a grocery list so I could be in and out of the store. Then I turned on the computer because I had some time before I needed to leave. Then it hit me! Get ready now (hair & makeup) so I wouldn't have to do it after my workout. That would free up the time I needed so I could do Zumba by itself, followed by a full Curves workout! AWESOME! It worked perfectly and I feel so much better then I would have if I had tried to cram that all into 30 mins. And the bonus was a lady coming in as I was finishing. She asked if I had done Zumba too. When I told her yes, she told me how amazing she thinks I am for being able to do so much.

Breakfast was a smoothie. As a reminder, that includes low fat vanilla yogurt, orange juice, a banana, some frozen chopped spinach and some frozen fruit. I usually shake it up each day and make something slightly different, but since I'm keeping the stuff in the freezer at work, I just bought some raspberries and mangos. When those run out, I'll try something else.

Lunch was a soup. I was finally able to find a large selection at Walmart; I bought one of each. All the other store ever has is tomato, beef & vegetable and chicken noodle. Its been fun to try some new soups. Today it was a jerk chicken something or other. Little spicy, but very yummy. There was some donuts on the break table, I put the cover back on so they wouldn't tempt me.

And I forgot to track again for a few days! What is wrong with me?! But I did get up early on Friday and ride my exercise bike for 1 hour before going to work. (I've been helping out in the field on a few Friday's.)

Monday - Curves this am. Breakfast was half a coffee and a smoothie. I had to take my ninja to work again, but this afternoon my new blender came. I can't wait to try it out. Its small and the blender detaches as a cup. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Its looks slightly smaller then what I've been drinking, so I'll have to adjust my ingredients I'm sure. All I do is throw stuff in until it looks good.

Lunch was tomato soup. Dinner was stir fry. We haven't done it in awhile, it was so GOOD! We did chicken, a red, yellow and green pepper, onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mini corn cobs, garlic, pineapple and an orange sauce, all over brown rice. And there is enough left over for at least one more night. :) Walked on both my breaks today. I've been wanting to wuss out, but I keep telling myself I need to enjoy the nice weather while I can. It was COLD, but still pretty. Once there is snow and mud, I'll have to start walking in the shop.

Tuesday - Zumba, followed by Curves, this am. For a while, I didn't think I was doing as well at Curves. My numbers were down on the Curves Smart. But I've noticed they have picked back up this last week. Breakfast was a smoothie, with my new machine. It doesn't work quite as well as my Ninja, but still pretty good. I skipped adding the yogurt because I didn't think it would all fit. I LOVE that the blender detaches from the base and you can drink right from it. Its the perfect size to keep at work for when I want a smoothie for breakfast.

Lunch was soup. Dinner was stirfry. I walked on both my breaks today.

Wednesday - Curves this am. Its been cold the last few mornings, so I wore a shirt with sleeves, instead of a tank top. Ya, the heater was on today. I about roasted! But I still worked hard because work is doing their Thanksgiving lunch today. Also, I have billing meeting, which means I'll miss my morning walk.

Smoothie for breakfast. Yum :) Today I did mango, banana, spinach and orange juice. Then I decided I had just enough room, so I added the yogurt too. Lunch was a little bit of everything at the work Thanksgiving dinner. I didn't finish the stuffing or one of the side dishes because it was only so-so and I decided to waste calories on dessert instead. Dinner, we were feeling lazy. It was Mac N cheese with some pork kielbasa.

I started the week at 174 and am down to 172, so not to bad. Now to just get back to the 160's, and then to get down enough into them so I don't jump back into the 170's. But hey, its better then the 180's and defiantly better then the 230's. Josh tells me all the time how proud he is of me. I agree. I am pretty amazing.

No comments: