Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 15, 2011

I was only going to post once a week, but yesterday was a tough day so I thought I'd post about it.

I have missed Dr. Pepper and I have missed huge amounts of sugar. Yesterday I was looking out the window at work and I saw a Keebler Cookie truck. I wanted to run and chase it down and demand all of their chocolate cookies. That just led to me craving cookies ALL. DAY. LONG. And the cravings led to me thinking I was hungry, even though I knew I wasn't.

I know its okay to have one cookie, but I don't trust myself to buy a carton of cookies and then just stop after one cookie. It would probably go something like this....

After eating just one cookie, I would tell myself that it didn't quite hit the spot and stop the craving, so I'll have just one more. It can't hurt. Four or five (or six) cookies later I would be over come with guilt so I would stop. Until later that day or the next day. Then the cycle would just repeat itself and in 2 or 3 days the entire carton of cookies would be gone.

I've gone to Jessica's house to craft the last two nights. Each night I took some carrots to munch on. That helped. Especially since each night I ended up staying there late, well past dinner time.

But I'm posting today to remind myself that even though yesterday was tough, when I got on the scale this morning I was down 7 pounds from when I started. I just started my diet a week ago and I am pretty proud of that 7 pounds. So later today when I crave those cookies or soda pops, I'll just remind myself about those 7 pounds and hope to see another one drop soon.

No comments: