Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 2

I think I'm proud of myself for last week. I'm now done 9 pounds, but I think it could be even more, except I was a slacker in a few areas.

I didn't exercise at all last week and I'm kicking myself for it. But I had some late nights out with the girls. I know I should excise in the morning, but already I have to get up at 5:00 to get ready for work, I don't know if I can make myself get up any earlier then that. Also, I like to shower at night so my hair can air dry. If I exercise too hard in the morning, then I would be sweaty. There is no way I can exercise intensely, shower, blow dry my hair, and get ready all before work unless I get up at like 3:30! So for now, I'm just going to have to be better at exercising at night, even if I get home at 10:00.

I think my eating was okay. I weighed myself Thursday morning and I was down 9 pounds. But then I just held that all weekend. Which really is a good thing. If I can't loose it, at least I can stay at the same weight.

Thursday I went to the Jr. High to help with one of their programs called Reality Town. This is the 3rd year I've gone. I knew they fed us lunch, but I still should have thought ahead. Lunch was a 6 inch sub from Subway. When I saw the white bread, I questioned how hungry I really was. I'm pretty sure wheat would have been more healthy, but what could I do, it was a catered lunch. But I should have stopped there. The lunch also came with a drink and chips. I lucked out and my box contained water instead of pop, so I didn't have to try to trade. The chips I got weren't the best, so I dug through some boxes until I found some baked chips. But really, I should have skipped the chips, because I think I overate. I did however NOT eat my cookie. That wasn't hard to do because I got oatmeal raisin, which is my least favorite. But I did eat the chocolates that were set up at my station. Bad Savannah!

Also on Thursday, we went to a St. Patrick's Day Party. Dinner was so good, but I kept eating the chocolate coins setting on the table! Bad Savannah! Then when dessert was dished up, I should have asked for a smaller piece, but it was so GOOD!

Then on Friday we hosted a Wii party. I made chili and even though I wanted seconds, I didn't have any. But that didn't stop me from having a big chunk of corn bread (the kind you make with cake batter too) heaped with butter and honey. I also made Blondies for dessert using a recipe I found on the Taste of Home website that was "light". It had wheat flour in it. I had one, but didn't think it was very good. I was worried that my first diet dessert failed, but Josh loved it and he told me he really didn't think I'd like Blondies because they aren't as sweet. So hopefully everyone enjoyed them.

Dinner on Saturday was a big FAIL. I have been craving spaghetti, so I found a recipe on Weight Watchers for Spaghetti Carbonara. I did not like it at all. It had no taste to it! Josh told me it was good, but I think he was just being nice so I wouldn't cry. Now I need to find another spaghetti recipe to try out.

Which brings me to how frustrated Weight Watcher website is! I have spent a few hours now going through their thousands of recipes and just marking some as favorites that I want to try. I did this thinking that when I need to go to the grocery store, I can just hop onto the website and go to my favorites and print them off. This also comes in handy so if Josh cooks dinner, he can easily find the recipe. I CAN'T FIND my favorites! I finally found them in one spot, well kind of. But instead of it being a printable page, its an edit page for if I want to change it around a bit. I have been in tears (and cursing) because of this. I had to get up an hour early on Friday just so I could find some recipes and hand write my grocery list (I don't have a printer at home). ARGH!

And to top off this week, I'm still craving Dr. Pepper. I hope those cravings go away soon. I try not to think about it because I really think my pop addiction is mostly in my head. But sometimes I just want one! But I'm still holding strong there. Its been just over 2 weeks since my last one.

Now some TMI stuff, feel free to skip this paragraph. I been constipated for a few days now. On Friday and most of Saturday I didn't have any bowel movements. I finally had one on Saturday night and one again yesterday, but that's not normal for me. Really, I don't know what is normal, but I'm pretty sure my bowels are still not right. I know of one medicine I can take. I had to take it when I was young. The doctor told me to find a good book and then drink this (very nasty) stuff. I asked why I needed the book and he told me I wouldn't get far from the toilet for a few hours. Of course I can't buy the stuff where we live (stupid small store). I think if I feel likes its still a problem I will buy some on Thursday. I don't want to make mad dashes all day at work to the restroom so I guess I'll just get over it on my own, or wait until the weekend and then try to deal with it.

K, its safe to read again. I don't know why, but the first week of my diet, I didn't drink ANY milk. I think its because I like to drink milk while eating rich foods, like chocolate and ice cream. Now that I'm not eating those sweets, I guess I don't really think about milk. But I bought some Special K cereal and it reminded me how much I love milk. I used to drink 2%, but now I'm drinking 1%. I can't bring myself to drink Skim. That is just water colored like milk.

Its a new week and I'm determined to keep doing well. Really, I shouldn't be so hard on myself, I did really good this week. I just wish I had lost a few more pounds then I did.

No comments: