Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 3

Last weekend was so LONG! I'm having problems on my home computer. I don't know what the problem is, but I suddenly can't get on Weight Watchers. I can go to EVERY other website, but that one. Its so frustrating. I can't cook the meals I planned, because I can't see the recipe. I think about starving, because I can't look up the points value for anything. Or I decide I'm starving, and just eat hoping it won't be too many points.

Then I get to work and I can get on just fine. I've had a few suggestions, but nothing has worked so far, I still couldn't get on last night. I have tried all three Internet programs. I can't find a firewall anywhere. I have the most current version of adobe flash player. I have no idea where to clear out the cache memory.

I did think to keep a list of what I ate over the weekend, and after I plugged everything in, I was okay. But the stress was too much! Now I feel like I need to know exactly what I'm going to eat on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before leaving work on Thursday so I can plug it in and make sure its okay.

I'm not down as much as I hoped. I know its going to be hard, but I had hoped at least the first few weeks I would shed the weight faster. The first week I lost 5 1/2 pounds. But It took me 2 weeks to loose 5 more pounds. I'm now down 11 pounds. Nothing to brag about, but its progress. I'd say its like eating an elephant one bite at a time, but this is a diet so I'm not eating an elephant. I just need to remind myself that each pound lost is one pound closer to my goal.

My goal weight, that is another thing that keeps changing. I honestly can't tell you how much I weighed in high school. Growing up, I felt like weight was ignored, it wasn't a big deal. Which I kind of agree with. Just because your overweight doesn't mean you need to stop living and be unhappy all the time. No matter how much you weigh, you are still a person who deserves happiness, fulfillment, a fun life, etc.

I'm also not sure what size of pants I wore when I got married. Maybe a 12? Wow, to be a 12 again would be awesome! I really don't think I have the body that can be a size 2 or 4. And that doesn't matter. I remember feeling so pretty when I was a teenager, and I wasn't a size 2 or 4 then either. I just want to get back to that.

My original goal was 150, but I'm flexible there. I will be beyond the moon happy when I get below 200. And I will beyond the sun happy to get to 175. Everything after that would just be icing on the cake. (The cake I'm not eating right now. )

Exercise? Still a struggle. I don't think I got on my bike once last week. I get home from work and I just want to relax. I work a 10 hour day with another half hour commute, one way, so I'm away from my house at least 11 hours a day. No wonder I want to just sit and relax.

I have a smaller bladder. I usually end up waking up once or twice a night to go to the restroom. The second time is usually within 45 minutes of the alarm clock going off. I HATE that. I know if I just hold it and try to sleep, I won't sleep well. But if I get up and then come back to bed, I won't sleep well.

So I've decided to take this to my advantage. My body seems to think it needs to get up at that time, so I'm going to do it. The last two days I have set the alarm for 4:30, but I've woken up before it goes off. Yesterday I was going to just exercise for 30 minutes, but when I woke up 15 minutes early, I decided to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives on Netflix. They are about 44 minutes long, so I went for 45 minutes. Got my exercise in and also got to watch my new favorite show. Win win!

This morning went just as well. I set the alarm 10 minutes earlier, just so I could watch another episode. ;) I was a bit tired driving to work, but for the most part I don't feel like missing that extra hour of sleep is affecting me for the worse. I hope I can keep this up.

I think I can finally tell my pants feel looser. Josh was flirting with me one day this weekend and he pulled on my jeans. They came off and the best part, they were still buttoned closed. Instead of getting mad at him, I pulled them up and tried it again.

I still mostly have a smoothie for breakfast, but on the weekends I have cereal instead so I hopefully won't tire of the smoothies soon. I bought a pineapple and chopped it up and froze it. My favorite smoothie is some vanilla yogurt, frozen mango, half a frozen banana (which I also freeze myself), frozen pineapple, frozen spinach and some orange juice. I'm so glad Barb bought me a Ninja. It whips them together so fast.

I found a cookie recipe on Weight Watchers that I want to try. Maybe I'll make them this weekend. I've been planning meals just a few at a time, which means I have to go shopping every week, but so far that is working for me, so I guess I'll keep doing it. Shopping, that is something I have improved on. I used to buy just a bag of cookies or candies "just because." Now I just walk right on by and ignore them.

Which reminds me, I've been craving french fries, I need to figure out something to try to take away the cravings.

No comments: