Thursday, May 3, 2012

Week 61

My measurements at Curves weren't due for another week, but I decided to do them a week early rather then do them after the Cruise. First I've listed the last months measurements.

My measurements on 4/9/12.
Bust 40.75
Waist 32.75
Abdomen 36.5
Hip 42.75
Thigh 26.00
Arm 12.25
Weight 179.8 (lbs.)
BMI 30.85
Body Fat % 35.00
Body Fat 62.91

My measurements on 5/2/12.
Bust   39.50
Waist 32.00
Abdomen 36.00
Hip 42.50
Thigh 26.00
Arm 12.25
Weight 179.00 (lbs.)
BMI 30.72
Body Fat % 35.00
Body Fat 65.65

Results
Bust   -1.25
Waist -.75
Abdomen -.50
Hip -.25
Thigh -0.00
Arm - 0.00
Weight - .80 (lbs)
BMI -.13
Body Fat % 0.00
Body Fat -.26
Curves adds all the results together for a total loss of -2.75 inches and -.80 (lbs.). So that means since starting Curves, I have lost a total of -4.50 inches and -3.80 (lbs.)

Couple thoughts. I want to get my bust remeasured. Each time I've had my measurements done, its been by a different person; I don't think they are all doing it the same. I was complaining to my sister last night that I don't want to loose in my bust area and she made a good point. It could be the fat under my arms. But -1.25 just doesn't feel right. I thought that last night and should have had them do it then, but I didn't. But I just don't feel like its right. I don't think I'll be back before the cruise so it just might have to wait.

I'm trying to not be discouraged, but it just feels so slow lately. I saw big results most of last year, and now it feels like my weight loss has slowed down to a crawl and its driving me nuts. But some loss is better then no loss. Even if I don't count my bust results, I still lost -1.50 inches. Hopefully after the cruise, life can get completely back to normal and I can get a routine going. Its been hard so far this year with wedding stuff and then my mom in the hospital. But after the cruise, I don't see anything getting in my way.

To encourage myself, I did have a thought the other day. Josh was watching an infomercial about Insanity (a work out video set). They kept saying how you could loose a years worth of weight in just 2 months; you can loose 30 pounds in just 2 months. Thirty pounds is a years worth of work? Go me, I lost 60 pounds in roughly 10 months. Granted it took me a lot longer then 2 months, but it made me feel good to think that I lost 2 years worth in just 1 year. Which I am grateful for. I don't want to think about myself 30 pounds ago.

Cruise. It has me so stressed. But in the same breathe, I am SO ready for a vacation. But since hearing that most people gain an average of 9 pounds on a cruise, the stress has gone back up. I'm thinking about making a poster to take with me and taping it to the mirror. Maybe a before and after shot with the words "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Just something to remind myself I'm not there to eat, I'm there to relax and see Alaska. I'm going to be trying my first drink there (this is a big deal for me), and I'm excited. But I know drinks have a lot of empty calories so I almost talk myself out of it. But no, I want to try a few things. And I know I have to eat to help with absorption (Josh has been educating me so I don't make a fool of myself), so I'll have to eat. I just need to remember to watch my portions.

Over Thanksgiving and Christmas, I lost weight and I thought that was huge. Most people gain weight during the holidays. But not me, I managed to reach my lowest weight ever. Even though I have a HARD time staying at that weight, I was so proud of myself. Which by the way, I am finally back to! This morning the scale said 178.6. I love you 178's. I could almost wish for one more week to get a little lower before the cruise, but I've gone from counting days to counting hours. I NEED this vacation. So I'll just try to not gain during the cruise. Then I like said, when we get back, its time to get back into the groove of things.

I now own a little black dress! Its not super fancy, but its still a slightly sexy, black dress. I can't wait for our dress up night to wear it. I made Josh come in the store (horror of horrors!) to look at it and he loved it too.

Wish me luck this coming week. I keep telling myself I will exercise every day. I'm hoping for at least an hour a day. I can't get any one else to fully commit, but I will do it!

No comments: