Thursday, May 17, 2012

Week 63 (also to be know as Post Cruise Week)

I had to add that part to my title, because it has been hard to come off of cruise food. I didn't think I ate a lot, but by lunch every day this week, I was STARVING! And no meal ever felt big enough. And I wanted dessert after each meal. And, I lacked the energy to prepare anything for myself.

Monday night I made some taco mix, but got a little more creative. I think I can thank my diet for that. Usually its just meat and seasoning. But this time I added onion and black beans. It made it so much better. It was just rough having to cook it for myself. Yep, I became spoiled.

Monday I had a HARD time making myself go to Curves. I worry now that the cruise is over, I have no reason to keep loosing weight. I think I have a battle on my hands of getting my mind back into a mental state of eating healthy and staying in this size. But I MADE myself go to Curves and then after that I MADE myself go to the store to get groceries so I could go home and MAKE dinner. I'm glad I did it, I just didn't have a lot of energy. Then I stayed up late trying to get laundry done. Which I didn't.

But Monday is the only day I made it. Tuesday while driving to work, I think I came close to actually dozing off. Not cool. So when I got to work, I grounded myself to an early bedtime. When I got off work, I thought, just 30 mins of Zumba would be ok. But before I could walk all the way to my car, I was yawning. So I came straight home and was in bed by 7:30. It was just what my body needed.

Wednesday I had scrapbook. I used to go to Curves before, but they changed the groups time so now I don't have time after work. And tonight was spent in the wonderful company of the boys and my mom and grandma.

But despite all of this, I've managed to loose half of the weight I gained last week, so no complaints. Its been hard to go back to eating smaller portions, but I think I've adjusted to that again.

One thing I don't miss about the cruise is the stairs. :p I'm still amazed that I never rode the elevator. But really, those stairs probably helped keep me from gaining 10 pounds.

I'm relieved that hopefully everything big is over for the year. I'm done with stress. I'm done with hoping things go perfectly. No more trying to loose "just 5 more pounds" before this and that event. Now I can just try and go back to a calm and even pace. And get back to Curves full time.


No comments: