Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 62 (Also to be know as Cruise Week)

Even though our vacation was 10 days long, I'm going to count it as one week. Then this next week will just be short.

Overall, I am impressed with myself and how I did on the cruise. There was a few nights when I pigged out by ordering 2 appetizers or 2 desserts, but I think I only did that in the upgraded restaurants. I think. There was a ton of food and I forget what I ate where. But I only remember two nights where I thought, man, I shouldn't have eaten so much. 

Exercising! I did something every single day. Go me! I feel in love with the treadmill. I need to get me one of those! Unfortuanetly, about 4 days in, I hurt my knee (on the treadmill, but I still want one). I did NOT let that slow me down. I put 110% into getting the most out of each excursion. The first day it hurt was when we went to Juneau. But I wanted to see the Mendenhall Glacier up close, so I did the hike. Then I soaked my knee in ice that night. 

It was hard to get in the exercise room because it was always full. Josh exercised with me every day. We tried getting up at 5:45 each morning to be first on the machines and that worked well until I hurt my knee. Then if it was busy when we went, we just made sure to do lots of walking on the ship and the excursions. 

And I do mean lots of walking. When we stepped onto the ship, the elevators were busy. So I decided the stairs would be faster. (Sometimes they were; it depended on how many flights and how busy it was.) So as Josh and I took the stairs, we committed to never using the elevator. The only time we used an elevator was when we went to the space needle. And we might have thought about the stairs, but the elevator was the only option. We were on deck 8, but a lot of the stuff we did was on deck 12 or 13, so we did a lot of stairs. I wish I had kept count. But on the average day, I bet we went up and down 4 flights of stairs at LEAST 3 times, but probably more. 

I did gain about 5 pounds. But since I was at a low before leaving, all it did was set me back to my regular average weight I've been running the last few months. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with myself. I bought some professional pictures that Josh didn't like (cause they made him take his boots off). But I told him since they are the first professional pictures we've done since I lost all the weight, I deserve them. 

Now to get back to real life.

No comments: