Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 30

Much better this week, but man did I work my butt off! I'm now only 2 pounds away from loosing 50 pounds overall! And if I keep it up, I think I can hit that by next week. A lot of my meals have been replaced with the Bolthouse smoothies and protein drinks. I swear I'm addicted to the chocolate one. I wish it was cheaper so I could drink it all the time. Because I don't eat much during the day, I've been sure to have a good dinner at night and not just cereal.

I am back into exercise mode and I love it. For me, once I get good at exercising every day, I notice how good it makes me feel. I'll start to get stressed at work, but then on my break, I go walk and I feel so much better. I've also run the stairs in the work warehouse now and I'm getting better at that. When I did it last week, for the very first time, my legs hurt for 4 days. But now it doesn't even bother me. I did break it up though. I go up and down three times. When I get to the top the third time, I do a quick lap around the top. Then its up and down three more times and another lap up top. I only get a 15 minute break to do this. I can do 8 laps total right now (so I'm going up and down the stairs a total of 24 times). I hope to get even faster and be able to get more laps in.

Its hard to believe I've been in diet mode for 30 weeks now. I'm so glad I've kept track. This diet seemed impossible when I started, but once I accepted it would take time and work I knew I could do it. Some days I feel like I've made the lifestyle changes I need to make this a permanent change. Other times I feel like I haven't learned anything. Like last night, I had two pieces of frozen raspberry lemonade pie for dessert instead of stopping at one. But then the guilt set in so I hopped on my exercise bike for 45 mins. But I don't have dessert often, so maybe its ok to indulge, as long as its not often.

It would've been nice to loose all this weight in just a few months, but I really don't think that is the healthy way to go or that I would have been able to change my eating and exercising habits like I have going the long way.

No comments: