Saturday, October 1, 2011

A friend just posted a pic of herself on FB in her fat jeans and how they are way to big on her now. She has officially lost 60 pounds. I'm so happy for her. But some of the comments made me laugh. I wanted to sarcastically comment back to these people, but decided it isn't ok for me to steal my friends wall, and more importantly, her joy.

So I'll say it here. What's the secret they all ask? There is NO secret. Eat better and exercise. Yep, that is the words of wisdom to be shared. Its a lifestyle change.

To further add to those thoughts, even though the next comments weren't actually made on her wall, but they still come to mind. Don't you miss real food? Nope. I had a small pizza for dinner and enjoyed every bite. Its called moderation. In this case, less is more. The less I eat, the more weight I loose and the more healthy I become.

But exercise is so hard. Why yes, it is. Even I didn't think I had the time for it. But I have found the time. On my work breaks, I used to sit on my butt and read for 15 minutes. Now, I get outside and power walk for 15 minutes. Some days I want to be lazy and just read. But I walk anyways because I like the way I feel afterwards. I LOVE to read, don't get me wrong. But I have noticed how much healthier I feel when I exercise daily.

Which brings me to another thought I've had floating around my head lately. Today I had to run to the store for some milk. Those tricky stores, they put the Halloween candy right where you have to walk past it to get to ANYTHING. I almost caved and bought a big bag of candy. But then I realized I would have eaten the entire bag in two days. I reminded myself I didn't need that. Which leads back to the big "secret". There is no secret. Just hard work, self control and determination.

Sure its been hard. But its been worth it. I didn't pay attention to weight in high school, so I can't tell you what I weighted 10 years ago. I can't tell you what I weighted on my wedding day. But I just looked in my closet at a few of my old high school dance dresses. I can tell you I'm not very far from fitting into them again. I can NOT wait for that day.

And to quote Jillian Micheals from my Biggest Loser Challenge Wii Game, "Do you want to be skinny or not?" Yes I do!

No comments: