Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wow, I shouldn't blog when I'm on the hormonal roller coaster. I sounded pretty desperate last night. But in the end, I ended up just fine.

After work, I went to the store. I was starving (probably from all those pizza thoughts.) I've run low on veggies so I started in the fresh produce section. WHY is the seasonal candy next to the fruits and veggies? WHY?!? While looking at apples, I saw my absolute favorite Easter candy. I talked myself through it and told myself I couldn't get a bag of candy. But then I also looked for a smaller bag. No such luck, or maybe that was good luck. I'm not sure. :p

It was hard to shop while hungry. But I restrained myself. I left  the store with carrots, apples, oranges, broccoli, and mangoes. Oh and cat food, because that was the reason I had to go to the store. I was pretty proud of myself at checkout that I didn't buy anything sweet or anything that I really didn't need, but thought looked good just because I was hungry at the moment.

I have come to a decision to go back on Metformin. Its a diabetic drug, but they also use it to treat PCOS. I was on it once, but it was killer on my stomach. I did finally adjust after MONTHS of pain, but when my prescription run out, I didn't renew it. I'm nervous to tart it back up, but after talking to several people, I've decided I can't NOT start it.

At first, I was hoping it would help me loose weight. And it probably will the first week or two because I won't eat because of how it will make me feel. But after talking to several friends, they have all talked about it helping maintain weight. One friend said she gained 15 pounds and another friend 20 pounds, in a very short time period after going off Metformin. I've worked hard to loose almost 15 pounds, and its taken me a month! I don't want to gain it all back in a week because my PCOS decides to go all haywire.

So my appt. to see the doctor is on Friday. I hope it helps.

On a side note, I've discovered a favorite pair of pants, my gray jeans. I just bought them a few months ago. I can't remember how tight they were when I first got them, but when I wear them, they feel loose and I feel skinnier. :) I tried on my black jeans this morning. They have always been very tight and I rarely wear them. They did feel looser, but I decided to not wear them just yet. Maybe in a week or two.

Oh, and one more thing about last week. A few weeks ago, I measured myself (waist, hips, arms, etc.). I KNOW I put that info into Weight Watchers, but it didn't save. Grrr! Oh well, so I redid that last week and plugged them all in again. I can't remember what my numbers were the first time, so I have no idea of I've lost any inches yet. I do weigh myself every day, but I think I'll only measure once a week.

And on one more happy note, I'm already craving some of the recipes I have tried on Weight Watchers, Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches and an artichoke chicken dish with stewed tomatoes. I still need to find a good spaghetti recipe, but at least I'm trying some foods I like well enough, that I can see myself eating them the rest of my life.

No comments: